1. OK, so you probably know Ryan Seacrest best as the host of American Idol.
Wait, is American Idol still on?!
2. Or maybe, just maybe, you really only know him from his once a year hosting duties on ABC’s New Year’s Rockin’ Eve.
3. But did you know that in 1997, Ryan was the host of Click, a children’s game show based on the internet?
Fun fact: The game show also included the annoying dial-up sound whenever the contestants went “online.”
4. And of course Ryan, being the fashion peacock that he is, hosted the show dressed like a late ’90s boy band cliché.
Oversized polo? Check! Baggy jeans? Check!
5. Yup, he even rocked some serious frosted tips!
Although I don’t even know if those qualify as frosted tips, he looks like he just stuck his hair in a vat of hair bleach.
6. But there is one thing Ryan still has today that he even had back then.
7. Awkward interactions with young people!
Here is looking like a frazzled Muppet while trying to be ~cool~ by yelling, “hip-hop!”