AMERICAN IDOL Performance Sweepstakes
Want to see the top AMERICAN IDOL finalists compete LIVE in LOS ANGELES? Enter for your chance to win!
Grand Prize for TWO includes:
Hotel and roundtrip airfare to and from LA (April 10 – 12)
Tickets to attend an AMERICAN IDOL Performance Show
The fine print:
OFFICIAL SWEEPSTAKES RULES
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
The following promotion is intended for participants in the United States only and shall be construed and evaluated according to the laws of the United States. Do not proceed in this promotion if you are not a legal resident of the United States. Further eligibility restrictions are contained in the official rules (“Official Rules“) below.
1. DESCRIPTION: The “ American Idol Performance Sweepstakes” (“Sweepstakes“) begins on Wednesday, March 7, 2012 at 3:00 pm Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on Tuesday, March 27, 2012 at 11:59 pm ET (“Sweepstakes Period“). The Sponsor of this Sweepstakes is Fox Broadcasting Company, 10201 West Pico Boulevard, Los Angeles, California 90035 (” “Sponsor“). The administrator of this Sweepstakes is Creative Zing Promotion Group (“Administrator“), 189 South Orange Avenue, Suite 1130A, Orlando, FL 32801.
2. ELIGIBILITY: Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the forty-eight (48) contiguous United States and Washington, D.C. (i.e., excluding , Alaska, Hawaii, Guam, Puerto Rico and all other U.S. territories and possessions), who are physically located and residing therein. Each entrant (“Entrant“) must be at least eighteen (18) years of age and the age of majority in their state of primary residence at the time of entry. ENTRANT, IF SELECTED AS A WINNER, MUST BE AVAILABLE FOR TRAVEL APRIL 10-12, 2012. Each Entrant must be the rightful owner (or have authorized use) of the e-mail address identified in the Entrant’s entry. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a winner, the winner will be deemed the natural person in whose name the e-mail account associated with the provided e-mail address was opened. Employees, shareholders, officers, directors, agents, and representatives of Sponsor, Administrator, News Corporation, Fox Entertainment Group (collectively, “Sweepstakes Entities“), and each of their respective parent companies, affiliates, divisions, subsidiaries, agents, representatives and promotion and advertising agencies, together with the immediate family members and those living in the same household of such persons, are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes.
3. HOW TO ENTER: Entrants may participate in the Sweepstakes by logging on to the Sweepstakes page located atwww.fox.com/superperks (“Sweepstakes Homepage“) during the Sweepstakes Period. Follow the on-screen instructions and complete the entry form by providing all of the information requested. Once the form is completed, Entrant must click the “Submit” button to receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes. Limit of one (1) entry per person for the duration of the Sweepstakes Period. Entry must be received by 11:59 pm ET on March 27, 2012. If entries exceed the entry limitations, the Entrant may be disqualified, at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Entries generated by a script, macro or other automated means will be disqualified. Entrants must accurately provide all of the requested information to be eligible to win. Incomplete, unreadable, or unintelligible entries will be disqualified. All information provided by Entrants becomes the property of Sponsor. ELIGIBLE ENTRANTS MUST SUBMIT THE REQUESTED ENTRY INFORMATION IN ACCORDANCE WITH THESE OFFICIAL RULES. NO OTHER METHOD OF SUBMISSION WILL BE ACCEPTED. Participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes Entrant’s understanding of, full and unconditional agreement to, and acceptance of these Official Rules. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any Entrant that Sponsor determines to be in violation of any term contained in these Official Rules. Sponsor’s decision not to enforce a specific provision of these Official Rules does not constitute a waiver of that provision or of the Official Rules generally.
4. ODDS: Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period.
|Grand Prize (1)||Grand Prize winner (“GP Winner”) and one (1) guest will receive a 3-day / 2-night trip to Los Angeles, CA (the “Trip“) from April 10 – 12, 2012. The Trip will consist of the following:(a.) Round-trip coach class airfare for one (1) GP Winner and one (1) guest from a major airport with regularly scheduled commercial flights closest to the GP Winner’s permanent residence (or, in Sponsor’s sole discretion $500 in lieu of air travel if winner lives within a 200 mile radius to Los Angeles, CA) to a Los Angeles area airport;
(b.) Three (3) days and two (2) nights hotel accommodations for GP Winner and guest at a hotel selected by the Sponsor (one room, double occupancy, room & tax only);
(c.) Roundtrip airport transfers and ground transportation to/from the Event;
(d.) $500 spending cash; and
(e.) access for two (2) people to attend a taping of American Idol (“Event”).
Approximate Retail Value (“ARV“) of Grand Prize: $3,200
Total Cumulative Prize ARV: $3,200
TRAVEL IS SCHEDULED TO COMMENCE TUESDAY, APRIL 10, 2012 THROUGH THURSDAY, APRIL 12, 2012, AT THE SOLE DISCRETION OF THE SPONSOR. During Trip and as a condition of receiving the Grand Prize, the GP Winner MUST be willing to document and share his or her SUPER prize experience using a Flip camera to be provided on loan by the Sponsor for such purpose (the “Assignment Materials”). Further instructions regarding the Assignment Materials will be provided by the Sponsor prior to Trip. The results and proceeds of all such Assignment Materials shall be the exclusive property of Sponsor. The GP Winner must sign the work-for-hire clause, as provided in the release agreement, to effectuate such rights. Sponsor shall have no obligation (express or implied) to use any Assignment Materials, or to otherwise exploit any Assignment Materials or, if commenced, to continue the distribution or exploitation thereof, and Sponsor may at any time abandon the use of the any Assignment Materials for any reason, with or without legal justification or excuse, and the GP Winner shall not be entitled to any damages or other relief by reason thereof.
Actual Grand Prize value depends on GP Winners’ place of residence and cost and availability of airfare and hotel at time of booking and travel and may be substantially higher or lower than estimated value. GP Winner and guest are responsible for obtaining the necessary travel documents. Sweepstakes Entities will not obtain travel insurance on behalf of the GP Winner or guest. Any costs of travel exceeding the allowance provided herein shall be the sole responsibility of the Winner. For the avoidance of doubt, the GP Winner shall be solely responsible for all expenses not specifically set forth herein, including but not limited to meals, beverages, gratuities, tips, additional ground transportation expenses, telephone charges, taxes, incidentals and other personal expenses. GP Winner and guest must be available for travel on Tuesday, April 10, 2012 through Thursday, April 12, 2012. Trip must be taken on the dates specified by Sponsor and failure to travel during the specified times will result in forfeiture of the prize. Travel is subject to flight and hotel availability and blackout dates and other travel restrictions may apply. GP Winner is responsible for all applicable travel and other insurance, all applicable airport charges, including, without limitation, any excess baggage charges, airport taxes, fuel charges and any applicable Customs or Federal inspection fees. Sponsor reserves the right to change travel dates and to substitute any or all of these portions of the prize for a prize of comparable or greater value should they become unavailable or impractical for any reason. Admission to the Event has no associated cash value and if the Event is cancelled or postponed, applicable portions of the prize will be cancelled without substitution or compensation. GP Winner’s travel companion must be at least eight (8) years of age. ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL TAXES, AND ANY OTHER COSTS AND EXPENSES, ASSOCIATED WITH THE RECEIPT OR USE OF THE PRIZE ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE GP WINNER. GP Winner cannot assign or transfer the prize to another person, except at discretion of Sponsor. If a prize cannot be awarded due to circumstances beyond the control of Sponsor, a substitute prize of equal or greater retail value will be awarded; provided, however, that if prizes are awarded but unclaimed/forfeited by recipient, prize may not be re-awarded, in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Other restrictions may apply. Limit one prize per household. The Grand Prize, and all portions of the prize, are awarded WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, express or implied, without limitation.
6. WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION: Potential GP Winner will be selected in a random drawing conducted by the Administrator from all eligible entries on or about March 28, 2012. The potential GP Winner will be notified by email and or telephone, at the Sponsor’s sole discretion, on or about March 28, 2012. The potential GP Winner will be required to respond (as directed by the Administrator and/or Sponsor) to the notification within twenty-four (24) hours (or a shorter time if required by exigencies) of first attempted notification. Time will be of the essence in awarding this prize. The failure to respond timely to the notification may result in forfeiture of the prize and the Administrator will randomly select an alternate winner from the remaining eligible entries. Potential GP Winner will be required to verify address and complete, sign, have notarized and return within forty-eight (48) hours (or a shorter time if required by exigencies) an affidavit of eligibility, a liability release, and, unless prohibited by law, a publicity release (collectively, the “Prize Claim Documents“) covering eligibility, liability, advertising, publicity and media appearance issues. Failure to return the Prize Claim Documents within the specified time period may result in forfeiture of the prize and selection of an alternate winner from the remaining eligible entries for that prize. The GP Winner’s guest will be required to return a travel companion eligibility/liability release and, unless prohibited by law, a publicity and media release. Additionally, the potential GP Winner and guest may be required to submit to a background check. Such background check may include (but is not limited to) investigation of employment history, criminal or other arrest or conviction record, and any other factor deemed relevant by the Sponsor to help ensure that any potential GP Winner will not, in the Sponsor’s’ sole discretion, bring Sponsor into public disrepute, contempt, scandal or ridicule or reflect unfavorably on Sponsor. If requested, the potential GP Winner agrees to sign waiver forms authorizing the release of personal and background information.
A prize will not be awarded/fulfilled until all such properly executed documents are returned. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, will attempt to contact up to three (3) potential winners of a prize in accordance with the above procedure, after which the prize in question may go unawarded if it remains unclaimed. Administrator reserves the right to disqualify anyone not fully complying with the Official Rules.
This sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook or Twitter. You understand that you are providing your information to Sponsor and not to Facebook or Twitter.
Online, Print and TV Disclosures:
No purchase necessary to enter or win the American Idol Performance Sweepstakes. Open to legal residents of the 48 U.S. & D.C., 18 and older. Other restrictions apply. Sweepstakes begins 3:00 p.m. ET 3/7/12, ends 11:59 p.m. ET 3/27/12. Void in AK, HI & where prohibited. Subject to Official Rules, available at www.fox.com/superperks. Sponsor: Fox Broadcasting Company.
No purchase necessary. Open to legal residents of the 58 U.S. & D.C., 18 and older. Ends 11:59 p.m. ET 3/27/12. Void in AK, HI & where prohibited. Subject to Official Rules atwww.fox.com/superperks.