- One (1) Grand Prize – A 2012 Ford Focus (ARV/Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price $28,000).
- Five (5) Finalist Prizes – A trip for one (1) to the American Idol finale in Los Angeles, CA on or about 5/23/11 through 5/26/11 and the chance to participate in the Grand Prize Event for the opportunity to win the Grand Prize.
- Promo ends May 19th, 2011
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING.
SWEEPSTAKES DESCRIPTION: The Ford Music Video Challenge (“Sweepstakes”) begins at 4:00 PM Eastern Time (“ET”) on 3/10/11 and ends at 7:59 PM ET on 5/19/11 (“Sweepstakes Period”). Administrator’s computer is the official time keeping device for the Sweepstakes.
ELIGIBILITY: The Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and District of Columbia (U.S.) who are at least eighteen (18) years of age or the age of majority in his/her state of residence, whichever is older as of date of entry (“Entrant”). Employees (and the immediate families [spouses and parents, in-laws, siblings and children and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside] and members of the same household of such employees, (whether or not related) of Ford Motor Company (“Sponsor”), Fox Broadcasting Company, News Corporation, Fox.com, AmericanIdol.com, Fox Digital Media, FremantleMedia North America, Inc., American Idol Productions, Inc., 19 Management, 19 TV Limited, 19 Merchandising Ltd., CKX, Inc., Team Detroit, Inc., and their respective parents, divisions, affiliates, dealers, subsidiaries and advertising and promotion agencies, including Exposure Marketing & Promotions , Inc. and companies involved in the implementation and execution of the Sweepstakes (collectively the “Sweepstakes Entities”) are not eligible to enter. Sweepstakes is void in Puerto Rico, and U.S. Territories and jurisdictions (including overseas military installations) and where prohibited.
HOW TO ENTER: Visit www.americanidol.com/ford/challenge (the “Website”) during the Sweepstakes Period, follow the directions to play the game and identify an object in that Period’s video, complete the online entry form with the required contact information, (“Entry”) and submit the completed Entry as directed. Identifying an object in the video does not affect chances of winning. ALL ONLINE ENTRIES MUST BE SUBMITTED BY 7:59 PM ET on 5/19/11. Limit: One (1) Entry per person or email address per Weekly Entry Period (as defined below). Maximum nine (9) Entries total per person per email address. In the event more than one (1) Entry is received from any one person or email address per Entry Period, the first Entry processed will be considered the only valid Entry received for that Entry Period. In the event of a dispute, Entries will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of Entry. The authorized account holder is the natural person who is assigned to the email address by an internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization that is responsible for assigning email addresses or the domain associated with the submitted email address. Any potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder. Entries that are incomplete or corrupted are void. Sweepstakes Entities are not liable for late or misdirected Entries.
ENTRY PERIODS: The Sweepstakes Period includes eight (8) Weekly Entry Periods and one (1) Finalist Entry Period (defined below).
WINNER SELECTION AND VERIFICATION:
- EIGHT (8) WEEKLY PRIZE WINNERS: A total of eight (8) Weekly Prize winners will be selected (one per Weekly Entry Period) in random drawings according to the prize drawing schedule below from among all Entries received for the applicable Entry Period.
- FIVE (5) FINALISTS: Five (5) Finalists will be selected in a random drawing conducted on or about 5/20/11 from among all eligible non-winning Entries received during the entire Sweepstakes Period (3/10/11 – 5/19/11).
- ONE (1) GRAND PRIZE WINNER: One (1) Grand Prize Winner will be determined from among all eligible Finalists as a result of their participation in the Grand Prize Event (defined below).
Drawings will be conducted by Administrator, an independent judging organization. Entries not selected for any Entry Period will be retained for the Finalist drawing. Administrator will attempt to contact potential winners by phone. Potential winners must be prepared and able to travel within 48 hrs of winner selection on the applicable trip dates and must respond by telephone within six (6) hours of the Administrator’s first attempt to contact him/her in order to be eligible to claim the prize. Potential winners must be able to receive calls from a blocked/unlisted number. If a potential winner timely responds, Administrator will orally request information from the potential winner to confirm preliminary eligibility, including potential winner’s availability to attend the Weekly or First Prize trip. If a potential winner is deemed potentially eligible based on the preliminary questions, Administrator will send an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability and, unless prohibited by law, a Publicity Release form (“Affidavit/Release”) to the potential winner by email or facsimile to be executed and returned by email or facsimile within twenty-four (24) hours from the delivery of Administrator’s email or facsimile. If the potential winner cannot be contacted within the specified time after the first attempt to contact him/her, if he/she fails to execute and return the Affidavit/Release within twenty-four (24) hours, if he/she is unable to travel on the Weekly or First Prize trips, or if he/she is otherwise ineligible to receive the prize, that potential winner will be deemed ineligible. An alternate will be selected in his/her place and Administrator will attempt to contact and obtain the required Affidavit/Release from that potential winner. If any Finalist Prize remains un-awarded after three (3) attempts by Administrator, that Prize will not be awarded and only those confirmed Finalists will participate in the Grand Prize Event. Except where prohibited by law, acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Sponsor to use winner’s name, hometown, likeness, statements and other personally identifiable information for promotional, advertising and marketing purposes in any media throughout the world without additional prize, incentive, consideration, consent or review. Potential winners may be subject to a background investigation at Sponsor’s discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify a potential winner based on the basis of their review of the results of the background investigation. If the winner is disqualified for any reason an alternate winner will be selected. Odds of winning any drawing depends on the number of eligible Entries received for that drawing. Limit: One (1) Prize per person or household.
GRAND PRIZE EVENT: The five (5) Finalists will be required to travel to Los Angeles, CA from 5/23/11 – 5/26/11 to participate in a Grand Prize Event (“Event”). The Event will consist of a Scavenger Hunt during which one (1) key will be strategically placed at the Event location. On or about 5/25/11, prior to the Event, Sponsor (through its authorized representative) will communicate Event specific information alerting individuals to, among other things, (a) the participation guidelines and procedures including the start time and location; (b) how Scavenger Hunt clues will be provided; and (c) how to validate the key if found. The Finalist who finds the key will be determined the Grand Prize Winner, pending validation and verification of eligibility. To be eligible to win the Grand Prize, the key must be validated by the time and date posted in the Event communication provided by Sponsor. The date, time and location, and Event Activities are subject to change in Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. Eligible Finalists will participate in the Event Activity in accordance with the Event Activity’s game play instructions, subject to the additional waiver/agreement, and any other directions provided by Sponsor and/or its authorized representatives on or before the Event date. All rules of game play, participation, timing, execution of the Event Activity, and all other determinations relating to the Event will be made by Sponsor or its authorized representative, whose decisions are final and binding. Finalists who in Sponsor’s or representative’s sole judgment, are or appear to be non-compliant, cheating, violent, unsportsmanlike, inappropriate, offensive, vulgar, harassing, interfering with another finalist or are in any other respect not acting within the spirit of the Promotion or Sponsor’s products and brands will be disqualified. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole and absolute discretion, to immediately refuse, disqualify, or withdraw any participant at any time prior to, during or after the Event, and if previously adjudged a potential winner, will require prize forfeiture and return of the Grand Prize (if prize was previously awarded). Finalists participating in the Event who are not verified as the Grand Prize winner will NOT be awarded a Grand Prize vehicle. By participating, Finalists agree to be bound to these complete official rules and any additional directions, requirements and/or instructions provided at the Event, and to the decisions of Sponsor and its authorized representatives, which are final and binding. If a Finalist fails for any reason to appear for the Event, the opportunity to participate in the Event will be forfeited and the remaining elements for that Prize shall constitute full satisfaction of the Prize. No alternate participants will be selected. All Finalists must possess and present upon request their own valid driver’s license. Failure to possess, present or execute requested documentation in a timely fashion; meet any eligibility requirement; or comply with any of the instructions herein will result in disqualification. The odds of a Finalist becoming the Grand Prize Winner are 1:5. If the Event is cancelled or postponed for any reason, or if the key is not found by any participating Finalist within the time allotted, the Grand Prize will be awarded in a random drawing from among the Finalists.
PRIZES / APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE (ARV): The following prizes will be awarded –
- One (1) Grand Prize – A 2012 Ford Focus (ARV/Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price $28,000).
- Five (5) Finalist Prizes – A trip for one (1) to the American Idol finale in Los Angeles, CA on or about 5/23/11 through 5/26/11 and the chance to participate in the Grand Prize Event for the opportunity to win the Grand Prize. Finalist Prize trip consists of round-trip, coach air travel from the major commercial airport nearest winners residence to Los Angeles, CA (or ground transportation if winner resides within a 200-mile radius of Los Angeles), three (3) nights hotel accommodations (room & tax only), admission for one (1) to the American Idol finales, local ground transportation (between airport/hotel and to and from Sponsor-selected events), and $500 cash (ARV $3,000).
- Eight (8) Weekly Prizes (one per Entry Period) – A trip for two (2) to Los Angeles, CA for a Ford/American Idol ‘Experience’. ‘Experience’ consists of round-trip, coach air travel from the major commercial airport nearest winners residence to Los Angeles, CA (or ground transportation if winner resides within a 200-mile radius of Los Angeles), five (5) nights hotel accommodations (room & tax only, based on double occupancy), admission for two (2) to the set of a Ford Music Video shoot, admission for two (2) to an American Idol show, local ground transportation (between airport/hotel and to and from Sponsor selected events) and $500 cash (ARV $4,000).
- Total ARV of all Prizes is $75,000.