One can only make a first impression once; if you got it, you got it.
These eventual winners were all wide-eyed, dreamy, confident yet nervous, enthusiastic than most, self-assured and fearless. See the sparks and hunger in their eyes. Before they were famous, they were American Idol hopefuls first. Take a look back at the winners’ circle in their auditions.
Who gave the best and most memorable audition? Let us know by leaving a comment. Earn 100 points for sharing your thought!
This is a playlist. Click Youtube tabs to view a specific video.
- Season 11: ???
- Season 10: Scott McCreery, “Your Man” by Josh Turner
- Season 9: Lee DeWyze, “Ain’t No Sunshine” by Bill Withers
- Season 8: Kris Allen, “A Song for You” by Donny Hathaway
- Season 7: David Cook, “Livin’ on a Prayer” by Bon Jovi
- Season 6: Jordin Sparks, “Because You Loved Me” by Celine Dion
- Season 5: Taylor Hicks, “A Change is Gonna Come” by Sam Cooke
- Season 4: Carrie Underwood, “I Can’t Make You Love Me” by Bonnie Raitt
- Season 3: Fantasia Barino, “Killing me Softly” by The Fugees (also covered notably by Roberta Flack)
- Season 2: Ruben Studdard, “Ribbon In The Sky” by Stevie Wonder (Interestingly, there is no audition video anywhere online!! We’ve searched hard and found nothing. Anyone who has it, please send us a link!)
- Season 1: Kelly Brianne Clarkson, “Express Yourself” by Madonna and “At Last” by Etta James